Find out more about Club Management Software
What is Club Management Software?
Club management software is also termed association management software and membership software. It offers useful features to help clubs and associations sell themselves better and improve the service provided to customers. Key features of this software include records management, promotion and marketing tools, scheduling, reporting, billing, and member reservations management.
Club management software can be used to manage payments and customer data, class scheduling, events, and to automate marketing campaigns. This solution is widely used by parks, private educational institutions, sports clubs, campus recreation centers, and health and fitness clubs.
Small clubs can make do with a basic software platform for their administration. But fast-growing clubs and those that have a large number of members need a high-quality club management software solution for their greater needs. To sum up, this software app can help clubs to expand the number of services provided to members and improve their user satisfaction levels.
Most Popular Club Management Software
Best Club Management Software
How To Choose The Best Club Management Software
Selecting the perfect club management software for your needs can be a tough task as there are numerous available options. To make things easy for you, we have created this buyer’s guide which gives you useful pointers and factors to consider as you go about your search for a fitting solution.
Get to know each product with free trial
We recommend you start your search for the best club management software by registering for the free trials of leading apps. This will enable you to test drive each system’s features free of cost and learn whether it fits your needs. You can visit the websites of the following leading club management platforms and check whether they provide a free trial: Zen Planner, Mindbody, Virtuagym, Teamsnap, and ClubExpress.
- Gyms and health clubs – These entities can use club management software for online training lessons, creating workout plans, and to manage the health goals of their customers.
- Sports clubs – Systems are designed for coaches, players, and games. Sports clubs use the software to register players online, schedule games and players, create rosters, and track equipment payment. Specific solutions are available for particular sports.
- Educational institution clubs – Booster clubs and university alumni clubs use features such as online forums and mass emailing to handle member communications.
- Country clubs – Many country clubs provide services such golf courses and restaurants. They can use club management software to streamline their operations.
What are Examples of Club Management Software?
- Zen Planner: Customizable member management solution for gyms, studios, and martial arts schools compatible with all popular devices. You can use this software to manage the daily operations of your fitness business with your mobile device.
- Mindbody: A popular solution used by class- and appointment-based businesses. This system used by greater than 35 million people and 58,000 companies around the world.
- Virtuagym: Offers personal workout plans, nutrition tracking, hundreds of 3D animated exercises, and group challenge. This app is utilized by more than six million users worldwide.
- Teamsnap: A leading software application for managing sports teams, clubs, and leagues. You can use the solution’s online and mobile features to save time.
- ClubExpress: Associations and clubs can us this platform to manage membership, events, calendar, dues, discussion forums and more. They can manage all aspects of their association or club using this single, self-sufficient solution.
Types of Club Management Software
The following types of club management software basically offer the same features but have different names:
- Gym management software
- Association management software
- Membership management software
Key Features of Club Management Software
- Membership management: You can edit and save member records, look for members in the database, and upgrade or downgrade memberships as needed.
- Staff timekeeping: Organizes the timesheets and work schedules of employees.
- Scheduling: Enables employees to book and reschedule classes and appointments. Top systems allow members to share their schedules on social media networks.
- Promotions and marketing: You can award benefits, gift cards, and discounts to members through loyalty programs. Plus, you can send social media notifications, automated emails, and text messages to all members.
- Reporting: You can generate useful reports on member details, monthly sales, inventory, business trends, etc.
- Member forums: Your club’s members can use online communities to have discussions and share files with other users.
- Reservations management: You can make member reservations (e.g., for spas and restaurants in health and country clubs). It is also possible create a waiting list to deal with cancelled appointments.
- Member access: Members can use biometric or barcode scanning to check in and out.
- Payment processing: Your club can accept membership payments via credit cards, cash, direct debit, wire transfer, or online form.
Benefits of Club Management Software
You can use the software’s marketing and promotional features to reach out to more members and to encourage existing members to use your facilities and services more extensively.
Automates administrative work
The solution automates routine tasks such as data entry which saves time and energy for your employees. They can use the time to focus on productive campaigns and efforts.
Better data security
Your club needs to store confidential info such as personal and credit card details of members. To ensure data protection, top club management apps offer advanced security features.
Smooth integration with other business systems
Club management software can seamlessly integrate with the other business platforms you use, which means there is no need for repeat data entry. You can store all your data and information in a single solution and you can generate useful reports on your club’s finances, performance and other details.
Happy member experiences
Your club’s members can use portals and online forums created by the software to share their experiences with other users. These opportunities can enhance their membership satisfaction which can improve retention and loyalty.
Cloud software is popular: Cloud software is becoming ubiquitous as it offers a host of benefits including access to data anytime, anywhere, affordable prices, and enhanced flexibility. You only require a reliable internet connection to make use of and benefit from cloud-based club management software.
Use of social media: Consumers are widely using social media networks to get reviews and feedback on products and services before they buy them. You can use club management software to boost your brand on social media, publicize your facilities and services, and provide customer support on social networks.
Mobile apps have become necessary: Fitness apps are growing in popularity. To help your club’s members, you can provide a mobile app that they can use to access information on personal workout plans, progress tracking, nutrition tracking, etc. The mobile app can enhance the members’ user experience and offer you helpful options for scheduling classes, coaching users, client communication and more.
Employee training: Club management software can be difficult to use as vendors keep adding new features to make them more effective. Therefore, it is important to train your employees to use the system properly for maximum benefits.
Effective application usage: You need to be clear about why you want to use club management software. If you know your goals and objectives, you can train your employees properly to use the platform effectively to enhance your club’s efficiency. To improve member experience, you can combine new physical tracking devices and software with the club management solution.
All Club Management Software Reviews
Page last modified
Our platform utilizes our unique SmartScore™ system to analyze all the products in the Club Management Software category so that we can help you select the best possible software. It compares and contrasts the following aspects: main functionalities, collaboration features, customization, integrations with other services, ease of use, help & support, security, mobile support, ratings in media. Currently, Mindbody is the leader in this category and is recommended by our experts. After thorough research and analysis it got the best results among its competitors and our reviewers strongly suggest that you consider it as one of the options for your company.
An overview of the general user satisfaction with the solution in the Club Management Software category based on our unique algorythm that analyzes client reviews, comments and opinions across a broad set of social media sites to help you make an informed purchase decision.
Every vendor in the Club Management Software category will have a different group of pricing packages for its product and every plan will include a different set of elements. Below we list the general pricing for the cheapest plan offered for each product. Please note that advanced features may have an extra cost.
An overview of what kind of devices and operating systems are supported by the listed B2B tools in the Club Management Software category, including mobile platforms and web-based solutions.
Learn what languages and countries are supported by the popular B2B apps in the Club Management Software category, including services intended for international markets and created for multi-cultural teams of employees.
Learn which pricing plans are offered by the vendors in the Club Management Software category to check which one suits your business requirements and budget best. Note that specific software can provide free or freemium accounts for you to try out first.
A brief look at which types of clients a selected B2B service in the Club Management Software category provides for, from small businesses and non-profits to large enterprises.